My Ears Bleed

Posted by My Name is AJ at 1:05 PM

Monday, March 2, 2009

I used to love the radio.  I remember when I was young and I would hear all these super awesome songs on the radio.  Or even when I was not so young, and I would hear a really good song on the radio and want to call in or check the website to see what it was so I could download it to enjoy again and again.  Now, radio is pretty much crap.  I rarely hear anything new on it anymore and so many songs are overplayed that it makes me want to cry. 


Just off of the top of my head, these are some of the songs I wish they would never play on the radio again:

- Hot and Cold by Katy Perry 
- I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry 
- Home by Daughtry (or anything by Daughtry, really) 
- Hey There Delilah by The Plain White Ts 
- I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
- Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat 
- Realize by Colbie Caillat 
- Shake It by Metro Station
- Seventeen Forever by Metro Station 
- Viva La Vida by Coldplay 
- Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade 

2 comments:

Allison said...

For whatever reason, I think the radio stations are actually better in Phoenix than anywhere else.


I swear, when I was back in Chicago I would hear the same songs every 15 minutes on the same station.

You need to include: "You Spin Me Right Round" or whatever that song is called by Flo-Rida.

Lauren said...

I don't know what you're talking about, those are all of my favorite songs of all time. The radio rules. I love that our alternative station in San Francisco has had the same playlist since I started listening to it in the mid-90s.